311 Smartphone FAQs
Introduction to the 311 Smartphone App
Where do I get the311app?
Follow the link below to install the app. OR if you have Barcode scanner install on your Smartphone scan the barcode below:
- Google Android Install application (opens in new window)
Q: Why does the application not work on my android phone?
A: Sometimes applications do not work on all Android devices. Android Market is fragmented and split down to device type and Android version.
For example, sometimes content is created with specific device types in mind, such as small screen devices or large screen devices, GPS and so on.
Q: When I submitted my report, an error states "Please Login to Submit a Report!"
A: Before you can submit a report, you must first register by clicking the Settings button in the Main Menu and selecting "Login/Register". You only need to register once.
Q: Do I have to register, I want to remain anonymous.
A: Yes, registration is required in order to use the application. However, you can create an account with just initials for a username and with a seldom used or junk email address.
Q How do I create a report?
A: To create a report:
- Login to the app
- Click on the ‘Report’ button
- Set the location using the GPS map
- Select Issue Title
- Click ‘Description’ button and answer the secondary questions
- Click on the ‘Camera’ button to include a photo is the problem being reported
- Click the ‘Submit’ button and submit again to confirm the action.
Q: How can I check the status of a report?
A: Click on the ‘My Profile’ button, and in the My Profile screen click on the Issues Reported option. Look for the desired report, when you locate it report there is a small circle status indicator that will be green if the case is open and red if the case is closed. For more detailed information about the case status contact 3-1-1 or 713-837-0311 any time 24 hours.
Q: When I take a photo, I am automatically returned to the Android Home screen.
A: Your phone may not have enough memory to complete the action. Please do the following:
- Go to app menu, select Setting app, select Applications, then select Running Services, and stop any service or app not being used.
- If you have a task killer or task manager open and stop any service or app not being used.
Q: Why is my location not found?
A: You may have to enable your GPS on your phone.