Mayor's Anti-Gang Office
The Anti-Gang Office provides programs and services ranging from social work case management for delinquent, gang involved and adjudicated youth, to community outreach, education, and awareness for parents, youth service professionals and community stakeholders.
Intervention Case Management
Counselors provide intervention case management to high risk, delinquent, and adjudicated youth to deter their involvement in gangs and the juvenile justice system. Information and referrals are also provided to family members.
- To request assistance, make a referral or get more information contact the Anti-Gang Office at (832) 393-0931 or send an email to email@example.com
Youth and Family Workshops
Education builds awareness and resistance skills. Workshops are held on Thursday evenings from 6 pm to 8 pm with separate sessions for youth and adults. Classes are provided in English and Spanish.
- For schedule information contact Herb Sims at (832) 393-0891
Individual and group mentoring programs are operated in four target neighborhoods: the East End, Denver Harbor, Hiram Clarke and Gulfton. Youth are paired with volunteer adult mentors who facilitate sessions that include educational and recreational activities, life skills instruction, field trips, and guest speakers.
- Contact Susana Herrera Toledo at (832) 393-0894 or Susana.Herrera@houstontx.gov for East End/Denver Harbor programs
- Contact Paul Green at (832) 393-1061 or Paul.Green@houstontx.gov for Hiram Clarke/Gulfton programs
Presentations and Training
The office provides gang and delinquency resistance presentations for youth in all grades, awareness education for adults, and training for all professionals who work with or have contact with delinquent populations.
- For information on topics call the Anti-Gang Office at (832) 393-0931
- To schedule a speaker submit an online request form at http://www.houstontx.gov/antigang/request.html