Administration and Regulatory Affairs
Solid Waste Franchises
Article VII of Chapter 39 of the City Code of Ordinances makes it unlawful for any commercial solid waste operator to collect, haul or transport solid waste or industrial waste from commercial properties located within the city without first having obtained a franchise for that purpose upon the consent of the city council.
Payments from franchisees on a quarterly remittance schedule are due by C.O.B. 45 days after the end of the calendar quarter (i.e., February 15, May 15, August 15, November 15). Late payment penalties will be applied where applicable.
- Article VII of Chapter 39 of the Code of Ordinances
- Solid Waste Franchise Definitions (updated 01.04.2016)
- Commercial Solid Waste Operator Franchise Application (updated 09.23.2020)
- Solid Waste Franchisee Quarterly Report Sample Worksheet (updated 01.04.2016)
- Sample Solid Waste Franchise Ordinance (updated 12.21.2016)
- Solid Waste Franchise Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (updated 11.08.2021)
- List of Franchised Commercial Solid Waste Hauler Operators (updated 06.12.2020)
For questions related to commercial solid waste hauler franchises, please contact Stephanie Knoppe, Management Analyst, at 832.393.8534 or email@example.com.