Kronos Time and Attendance System
KRONOS Time and Attendance System
The City of Houston uses Kronos for all payroll time collection in every department. This system is designed not only to capture accurate working and leave hours but also give each employee full visibility into their time cards, accrual balances, pay stubs and annual W-2’s online. Supervisors and managers have full visibility to manage all labor resources and control overtime.
Use this phone number and email address to get support for your Kronos questions:
Save these links as Favorites on your work and home computers:
- Kronos Web Application (full-featured application for supervisors and employees)
- Kronos Quick Time Stamp (simple browser time stamp)
- AP 2-4 -- Electronic Timekeeping Policy (.pdf)
- AP 8-4 -- Password Policy (.pdf)
- City Attorney Memo – Managing Overtime (.pdf)
TeleTime requires approval by your department prior to use.
Phone Number (855) COH-TIME or (855) 264-8469
The following manuals are used in training classes and are also good reference manuals for new supervisors or new employees (.pdf).
Job aids are one or two page documents with simple instructions and examples for everyday tasks (.pdf).
- Time Clocks for Pin Punch Employees
- Time Clocks for Badge Swipe Employees
- Time Clock for Supervisors Pin Punch (biometric enrollment)
- Time Clock for Supervisors Badge Swipe (biometric enrollment)
- TeleTime for Employees
- Timestamp and Quick Time Stamp Employee Tasks
- Attendance and Leave for Supervisors
- SWM Attendance Editor
- Daily Tasks for Supervisors
- Assigning and Managing Schedules (coming soon)
- Contractor New Hire Template (.xls)
- Requesting Time Off
- Approving Time Off
- Approving Individual Time Cards
- First Time Employee Log-In (updated 07.27.2012)
- Approving Timecards
- Building Hyperfind Queries
- Comp Time Aging Report
- Comp Time Payout Monitor
- Overtime and Paid Comp Time Report
- Accrued Holiday Aging Report
- Java Installation for Home Computers
- Delegation of Authority
- Cancel Meal Deductions
Newsletter Archive (.pdf)
- June 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
You can access online learning tools by using the City of Houston Learning Management System (LMS). The following courses are currently available.
- Kronos User Training For Executives This is a 45-minute course designed for managers with exempt direct reports.
- Kronos Editing a Schedule Pattern
- Kronos Scheduling without a Pattern Template
- Kronos Assign Employee to Schedule Group
- Kronos Change Schedule Pattern for a Future Date
To find these course, go to http://lms.coh.gov and search for Kronos in All Locations.