Our mission is to generate revenue for the City of Houston by selling used, obsolete, excess, and confiscated property through online auction.
Admin. Manager | E-mail | 713-847-5186
- Collects, Redistributes and Redeploys Surplus City Property, Sells/Auctions City's Obsolete, End-of Life and/or Damaged Property as Described by City Ordinance (Chapter 2, §2-52(18))
- Develops Intra-departmental Relationships to Increase and/or Enhance Revenue Generating Opportunities for the City.
The City of Houston primarily sells surplus property via internet auctions. These auctions are open to the general public and are available 24 hours 7 days a week at www.houstoncitysurplus.org.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where is the City's surplus warehouse?
The Asset Disposition Warehouse is located at 2511 Broad Street, 4 miles south of downtown, west of Interstate 45 (Use the Broad Street Exit 41B).
- What are the hours of operation?
Office hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily, except weekends and holidays. The facility is open to the general public for inspection of Internet auction items from 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM daily. You may direct your questions and requests to Asset Disposition at 713-847-5186.
- What types of items are available at the City surplus auctions?
Items available may vary from auction to auction and day to day but miscellaneous items usually include used vehicles, heavy equipment, office furniture, computer equipment, electronics, communication equipment, jewelry, bicycles, sports equipment, lawn maintenance equipment, office machines, tools and luggage. Property can normally be previewed and inspected while the item is posted on the Internet. Additional details about city auctions can be obtained by calling Asset Disposition at 713-847-5186.
- How can I buy City surplus property?
Internet Auctions are the standard method of disposal of miscellaneous surplus property. These auctions are open to the general public and property is sold to the highest bidder "As Is, Where Is". You can contact Asset Disposition at 713-847-5186 for additional auction details.
- Does the City donate surplus property?
The City does not donate surplus property. Surplus property is available at Internet/public auctions and to qualified organizations at fair market value. Contact the warehouse at 713-847-5186 to determine if your organization qualifies.
Asset Disposition Contact Information:
Asset Disposition Office
2511 Broad Street
Houston , Texas 77087
713-847-5186 or fax 713-847-5192
E-mail Scott Erdo