Administration and Regulatory Affairs
Game Rooms Permitting
Form: Game Room Application (updated January 2018)
Harris County Regulations (updated September 2015)
City of Houston/Harris County Inter-local Agreement
Requirements: Applicants must:
- Submit Game Room Application (updated January 2018) to ARA for processing and background check
- Submit Certificate of Occupancy from the Public Works & Engineering Department, Code Enforcement Section and if operated under an assumed name, a copy of the registration of assumed name filed with the Clerk's Office in the county of record
- Apply for any other applicable City permits or license
- Pay appropriate fees (see schedule).
Upon approval of background check, ARA will submit application to HPD D.R.T. officers for onsite inspection. Once location has been approved by D.R.T. officers and meets all other criteria, ARA will notify applicant to pick-up Game Room permit.
Expiration: December 31
Ordinance: Chapter 5, Art. VI
Permit Requirement Links
• Alcohol and Alcohol-Related Business • Antique Dealer, Precious Metal Dealer, Resale Media & Clothing Dealer • Boarding Homes • Burglar and Panic Alarms • Carnival • Charitable Solicitation • Coin-Operated Amusement Machine Decals • Common Market • Credit Access Business (Payday and Car Title Lenders) • Dance Halls • Game Rooms • Garage Sales / Yard Sales • Metal Recyclers • Mini-Warehouse • Second Hand Resellers • Sexually Oriented Businesses • Sexually Oriented Business Employees • Sound and Noise-Related Equipment • Street Vendors •