Administration and Regulatory Affairs
Metal Recyclers Permitting
Requirements: Applicants must:
- Submit Metal Recyclers Application
- Obtain a Certificate of Occupancy from the Public Works & Engineering Department, Code Enforcement Section.
- Pay appropriate fees (see schedule)
- Apply for any other applicable City permits or license.
The location must be inspected by the Burglary & Theft Division of the Houston Police Department (HPD) prior to the issuance of the permit. Once location has been approved and meets all other criteria, ARA will notify applicant to pick-up permit.
Expiration: Two years from the date of issuance
Permit Requirement Links
• Alcohol and Alcohol-Related Business • Antique Dealer, Precious Metal Dealer, Resale Media & Clothing Dealer • Boarding Homes • Burglar and Panic Alarms • Carnival • Charitable Solicitation • Coin-Operated Amusement Machine Decals • Common Market • Credit Access Business (Payday and Car Title Lenders) • Dance Halls • Game Rooms • Garage Sales / Yard Sales • Metal Recyclers • Mini-Warehouse • Second Hand Resellers • Sexually Oriented Businesses • Sexually Oriented Business Employees • Sound and Noise-Related Equipment • Street Vendors •