Administration and Regulatory Affairs
Pursuant to State Law, the City of Houston exercises exclusive original jurisdiction over the rates and services of investor owned natural gas, electric, and water utilities operating within city limits. In addition, the City maintains local regulatory authority over municipally franchise cable television providers. The City does not regulate the rates and services of retail electric providers.
- Utilities Regulated by the City: A list of utilities regulated by the City and contact information.
- Important Phone Numbers: Numbers to call if you need to report a downed power line, gas leak, or are planning to dig.
- Monitor and Report: Monitor a power outage, report an outage, report a streetlight that is out, or set up energy alerts.
- How to Register a Complaint: How to complain about service, rates and billing issues.
- Utility Regulation and Franchise: Additional information regarding utility regulation. Coming Soon.
- Shopping for Electricity: Houston CenterPoint customers can shop available Retail Electric Provider Rate plans at the Public Utility Commission of Texas, Power to Choose website. Entergy is not subject to competition.
- Need Bill Payment Assistance: A list of agencies that may be able to assist you. Coming Soon.
- FAQs: Coming Soon.