We have partnered with several non-profit organizations to provide you with the knowledge and tools that will make saving for your future less confusing. These organizations offer financial free education classes, other resources, and can answer your questions.
You learn how to:
- Manage a checking account
- Improve your credit rating
- Pay off debt
- Save for the future
- Manage payday and auto-title loans*****
- Manage spending and avoid excessive fees
Some of our community partners offer classes in English and Spanish at locations throughout the city. They are ready to help you on a path to a better way of becoming financially stable. If you are struggling with, or wanting to avoid payday and auto-title loans, call the specific agencies designated (*asterisk*) below.
3300 Lyons Ave, Suite 203A
Houston, TX 77020
Contact person: Sherrie Young
- Bay Area
1300 Bay Area Blvd. Building A, Suite 240
Houston, TX 77058
- Fort Bend
12300 Parc Crest Dr.
Stafford, TX 77477
531 FM 359 South,
Brookshire, TX 77423
Fifth Ward Community Redevelopment Corporation
4300 Lyons Ave, Suite 300
Houston, TX 77020
Contact person: Sandy Oquendo
Memorial Assistance Ministries (MAM) *****
1625 Blalock Rd.
Houston, TX 77080
(713) 468-4516, Ext. 178
Contact: Melissa Paz
1710 Telephone Rd.
Houston, TX 77023
The Women’s Resource of Greater Houston
730 N. Post Oak Rd, Suite 204
Houston, TX 77024
(713) 667- 4493 Ext. 113
Contact person: Kelly Keith
Other Financial Information Resources
BakerRipley’s Free Tax Preparation Program
6500 Rookin St., Suite C-101
Houston, TX 77074
3000 Aldine Mail Route Road
Houston, TX 77039
Consumer Federal of America (CFA)
- Debt Collection Tips – Know Your Rights and Protect Yourself
- PayDay Loan Consumer Information
Texas Department of Banking
To learn about financial coaching at no cost to you, contact one of the non-profit agencies listed below or dial ‘211’ (the United Way Helpline) and ask for a United Way THRIVE Specialist.
- Family Houston (713) 861-4849, http://www.familyhouston.org/
- Goodwill Houston (713) 970-1782, http://www.goodwillhouston.org/
- Memorial Assistance Ministries (713) 468-4516, https://www.mamhouston.org/
- Volunteers of America (713) 460-0781, https://www.voatx.org/houston
- Wesley Community Center (713) 223-8131, http://www.wesleyhousehouston.org/
For information about Bank On Houston call (832) 393-3406 or visit http://www.houstontx.gov/bankonhouston/.