City of Houston Animal Laws /
Municipal Code Overview
Chapter 6 (Animals and Fowl), of The City of Houston Municipal Code is a set of ordinances that specifically outline the laws of animal ownership in the City of Houston. The chapter is broken into seven (7) articles, each containing separate divisions that address owner responsibility, requirements, and provides definitions thereof. To read the Municipal Code in it’s entirety, please visit the City of Houston Municipal Code Library online at www.municode.com. Click on the “read more” links under each section to access specific information on www.municode.com.
City of Houston, TX CODE OF ORDINANCES
- Read the full text of Chapter 6 via www.municode.com (link opens in a new tab)
- Chapter 6 Draft Revisions (uploaded 10.15.2013, .pdf ... Note that the items highlighted indicate the most recent changes to the ordinance and have been added since the additions in the “Ordinance Notes / Updates” document below)
- Ordinance Notes / Updates (uploaded 10.15.2013, .pdf ... These items were discussed during the October 1st meeting and were incorporated into the most updated version of the Chapter 6 draft)
- BARC Chapter 6 Proposed Ordinance Changes PowerPoint
- Chapter 6 Revised Issue Action Report
- You can find a video of the Chapter 6 recommended revisions stakeholders meetings that occurred on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 and Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at www.YouTube.com/WeAreBARC.