Boards and Commissions
The City of Houston is assisted by groups of citizens in many ways, such as setting policy, settling disputes, aiding fellow citizens and planning for the future. These groups include boards, commissions, committees, councils, corporations, authorities, agencies, etc. The Boards and Commissions involve residents of the City of Houston who volunteer their time and expertise for the benefit of the community.
Community service is a rewarding experience. If you are interested in appointment by Mayor Sylvester Turner in an area where your expertise and commitment will make a difference, please review the listings in the link below. It is an index and brief description of each board and commission. For more information, contact either the group contact in the individual listings or the Mayor's Boards and Commissions office listed to the right.
- Boards and Commissions Appointment Application
- Boards and Commissions (alphabetical)
- Boards and Commissions (by category)
- Sample Resume (.pdf)
- Boards and Commissions Brochure 2016 (.pdf, updated March 2016)
- Independent Police Oversight Board (.html)
- Hispanic Advisory Board (.html)
- 2016 Oath of Office Form (.doc)
- 2016 City of Houston Disclosure Form for Appointed Officials (.doc)
2015 Mayor's Hispanic Heritage Awards
The Mayor’s Hispanic Heritage Awards (MHHA) Committee seeks to recognize exemplary Hispanics who have made outstanding contributions toward improving the quality of life within the Houston Hispanic community.