Brownfields Redevelopment Program
Information and Education
Why is redevelopment of brownfields important?
Redevelopment of brownfields potentially benefits the environment, the community and industry by:
- Preserving undeveloped greenspace.
- Cleaning up contaminated properties, thereby mitigating potential health risks.
- Returning properties to tax rolls.
- Creating employment opportunities.
- Removing blight and rejuvenating dilapidated areas.
EPA Data / GIS
- Envirofacts Data Warehouse
- My Environment
- Brownfield Action – Brownfield Action is an outside web-based environmental science simulation that:
- Allows the public to gain practice tackling the complexity and ambiguity of a large-scale interdisciplinary science problem
- Allows the public to explore and solve real-world, interdisciplinary problems in environmental forensics
- Chemical Information - Agency for Toxic Substance & Disease Registry
- Brownfield Glossary (.pdf) - Glossary of Common Brownfield Acronyms