Mayor's Back 2 School Fest
Event Day Volunteer Registration
Mayor Sylvester Turner will hold the 7th annual Back 2 School Fest (BTSF) at the George R. Brown Convention Center on August 12, 2017. The fest's core purpose is to promote education by affording families the opportunity to experience a college campus setting and to encourage them to start thinking about and planning for college. Designed to help economically disadvantaged Houston-area elementary school students and their families, the BTSF offers backpacks, school supplies, clothes, City and University of Houston information, health screenings, immunizations, and social service resources to thousands of students.
This event would not be possible without our volunteers.
Volunteer orientation: All volunteers need to attend the training session. Date, time and location TBD. All volunteers need to attend the training session.
- 2017 Volunteer Participation Waiver (.pdf)
- Please read the waiver BEFORE completing the form below.
- Note that if you are UNDER 18 you must bring a copy of the waiver with your parent's signature to the event.
Back 2 School Fest Links
- Back 2 School Festival Home Page
- Additional Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Register My Student
- School Supplies
- George R. Brown Convention Center
- Event Day Volunteer Registration
- Backpack Assembly Volunteers
- Parking Information