August 25, 2021
Join us for a FREE Virtual Fair Housing Workshop
We are excited to announce a new virtual Fair Housing for Landlords & Property Managers Workshop on housing provider’s responsibilities under local and federal fair housing law.
Whether you are just starting your career in property management or are an experienced professional in need of a fair housing refresher, we are certain you will come away with practical knowledge and information relevant to your work.
Industry experts will be on hand to address questions and concerns around fair housing, evictions during the COVID-19 era, and other tenants/landlord matters.
There are two opportunities to attend the workshop: Wednesday, September 15th at 10 am – 12 pm or Tuesday, September 28th at 2 pm – 4 pm.
The workshop topics include
- Best practices for advertising, screening tenants, and property rules and policies
- Tips to avoid discriminatory behavior and fair housing complaints
- Landlord rights and responsibilities
- Explanation of assistance animals and reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities
- Updates on the current eviction moratorium and more
- Overview of national origin discrimination and what questions/documents are allowed around immigration status
The workshops will be live, giving participants the opportunity to ask specific questions to the panel. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance upon request following the conclusion of each session. Seats are limited and fill up quickly -- sign up today!
Attorney Howard Bookstaff
Hoover Slovacek LLP
Houston Apartment Association
Attorney Velimir Rasic
Lone Star Legal Aid
For more information, please visit https://houstontx.gov/housing/fair-housing/workshops.html
For more information or if you have questions please contact us at FairHousing@houstontx.gov