March 3, 2021
Join us for a FREE Virtual Fair Housing Workshop
The Housing and Community Development Department (HCDD) is hosting a new online training for landlords and property managers to address questions and concerns around fair housing, evictions during the COVID-19 era, and other tenants/landlord matters.
The dates for the virtual training are Tuesday, March 9th at 10:00 am and Tuesday, March 30th at 10:00 am.
These free 90-minute virtual workshops will cover
- Best practices for advertising, screening tenants, and property rules and policies
- Tips to avoid discriminatory behavior and fair housing complaints
- Landlord rights and responsibilities
- Explanation of assistance animals and reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities
- Updates on the current eviction moratorium and more
The workshops will be live, giving participants the opportunity to ask specific questions to industry experts.
Attorney Howard Bookstaff, Hoover Slovacek LLP and Houston Apartment Association
Attorney Leesa Everitt, Houston Volunteer Lawyers
For more information, please visit: https://houstontx.gov/housing/fair-housing/workshops.html