October 20, 2016
Safely Dispose Unused Drugs,
Medicine Take-Back Day
To help the public properly dispose of unused or expired medication, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is partnering with the Houston Police Department (HPD) to host the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. All tablets, capsules and solid dosage forms will be collected. Intravenous solutions, injectables and syringes will not be accepted.
This event will be held at several locations nationwide on Saturday, October 22, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. To find the location nearest you, go to http://www.dea.gov and click on the "got drugs" link.
This service is free, anonymous and open to all.
Citizens can drop off prescription drugs to HPD personnel at the following eight locations:
1) Kingwood (Metro Park and Ride) - 3210 W. Lake Houston Parkway - Kingwood 77339
2) South Central Police Station - 2202 St. Emanuel St.- Houston 77003
3) Westside Police Station - 3203 S Dairy Ashford Rd - Houston 77082
4) Clear Lake Police Station - 2855 Bay Area Blvd. - Houston 77058
5) South Gessner Police Station - 8605 Westplace Dr. - Houston 77071
6) North Police Station - 9455 W. Montgomery Rd.- Houston 77088
7) Heights Storefront - 1127 North Shepherd Dr. - Houston 77009
8) Near Town Storefront - 802 Westheimer Rd. - Houston 77006
For more information, please go to: