July 9, 2015
City of Houston Schedules Flood Recovery Workshop/Sets up Office Hours at the Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center
The City of Houston Floodplain Management Office (FMO) has scheduled a workshop for property owners interested in participating in an application for grant funds to elevate homes. This grant is available from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) through the State of Texas and is generally for homes that are identified as repetitive losses or have been categorized as substantially damaged.
- Monday - July 13, 2015 from 6:30 - 8 pm - AV Room 219 (2nd Level of the JCC)
In addition, representatives from the FMO will be available at the JCC on the following dates and times to help residents make flood recovery decisions:
- Monday - July 13, 2015 from 2-7pm - Rich Library (1st Level JCC)
- Tuesday - July 14, 2015 from 9am-2pm - Rich Library (1st Level JCC)
- Wednesday - July 15, 2015 from 2-7pm - Rich Library (1st Level JCC)
- Thursday - July 16, 2015 from 9am-2pm - Rich Library (1st Level JCC)
Homeowners do not need to make an appointment; they can just show up. The purpose is to provide residents the opportunity to meet face-to-face with city representatives and to ask specific questions regarding the renovation process.
Homeowners may also call 832-394-8854, visit the FMO in person at 1002 Washington or go to www.houstonrecovers.org to explore all options.
THE CITY WANTS YOU BACK IN YOUR HOME
COME TALK TO US