December 16, 2008
Notice of Public Hearing: Amendments to the Historic Preservation Ordinance (Chapter 33)
The City of Houston Archaeological and Historical Commission (HAHC) will consider proposed amendments to the Historic Preservation Ordinance (Chapter 33), Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 3:00 p.m., public level, City Hall Annex, 900 Bagby.
Changes to the ordinance include:
- Increase the number of HAHC members from 11 to 13
- Make the director a non-voting member for quorum purposes
- One member of the HAHC will be a registered remodeler or builder
- Two members of the HAHC will be historic district homestead residents
- HAHC will establish a schedule of submittal deadlines and meeting dates
- Applications for a certificate of appropriateness must be complete and meet submittal deadline to be on the next HAHC agenda
- Posted notice (front yard - 4'x8' sign) for demolition or relocation of a historic structure
- Applications for demolition then new construction will be non-concurrent
To view all of the proposed changes, please visit www.houstonplanning.com. Then, select "Historic Preservation" from the left side of the screen.
For questions, contact either Randy Pace at 713-837-7796, email@example.com or Michael Schaffer at 713-837-7780, firstname.lastname@example.org.