October 25, 2011
Hobby Airport Upper Level Roadway Closure
Effective Wednesday, October 26, 2011, upper level roadway/drop-off ramp will be closed until the end of 2012
A major roadway pavement replacement project will shut down the existing upper-level roadway at William P. Hobby Airport (HOU). The roadway closure will begin in the evening of Wednesday, October 26 and is scheduled to remain in place until the end of 2012. Signage is in place and personnel will be on hand to help motorists facilitate during this time.
Key points during closure period:
- The Passenger Drop Off area will be rerouted to the second level of the attached parking garage, slightly further away from the curbside area
- Drop offs and pickups involving wheelchairs will take place in a designated lane near the the terminal on level one
- Curbside check-in will still be available to Southwest Airlines customers on the ground level/baggage claim area
- Drivers who are picking up arriving passengers are encouraged to use the Passenger Pick Up Waiting Lot located off of Airport Boulevard to limit congestion. For a map, please visit www.fly2houston.com/PickUpLot
- Parking at Hobby Airport is limited; be prepared to park at the ecopark lots, www.fly2houston.com/HOUecopark, or other off-site parking lots
- To view a video of the areas affected by the construction at Hobby Airport, please visit our YouTube Channel at www.YouTube.com/HoustonAirports
For maps and more information on the Hobby Airport Roadway Closure, see www.fly2houston.com/ProjectHobby or contact Roxanne Butler at Roxanne.Butler@houstontx.gov. To learn more about the Houston Airport System, visit www.fly2houston.com.