June 17, 2016
The City of Houston is Excited to Announce the Launch of its 4th Annual Business Plan Competition, Liftoff Houston!
Liftoff Houston! is a City of Houston entrepreneurial initiative aimed to empower Houstonians who have a new business or business idea, by providing them with free business startup workshops, business mentoring and the opportunity to potentially win $10,000 to help start their business! To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be in the start-up phase of their business which means they must be in operation for less than one year with revenue of less than $10,000.
- Live in the Houston city limits with their business in the Houston city limits.
The competition will take place over a five month period from June to November. Contestants will participate in a myriad of workshops ranging from business plan basics to access to capital. The goal is to enable individuals to successfully research and develop their business plan. Contestants will also receive additional support from professional mentors from SCORE Houston and Capital One Bank to further refine the business plan for submission.
Capital One Bank is the key sponsor for this event providing cash prizes totaling $30,000.
There are three prize award categories: Product, Service, and Innovation.
- $10,000 - Awarded for top "Product" Based Business Plan (Retail, resale, merchandise, etc.).
- $10,000 - Awarded for top "Service" Based Business Plan (Food, labor, consulting, etc.).
- $10,000 - Awarded for top "Innovation" Based Business Plan (Software, hardware, inventions, new market businesses, etc.).
The competition application period is open now until 2:00 PM Monday, June 20, 2016.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Apply by going to the Liftoff Houston Competition website at www.liftoffhouston.com to complete an application.
Liftoff Houston invites non-competing individuals to be a part of the workshop series and mentoring to help them create a business plan and start their business! To participate please email Liftoff Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
611 Walker St, Lobby
Houston, TX 77002
This is a City of Houston Program. The competition is a collaborative effort between the Office of Business Opportunity, the Houston Public Library, and Capital One Bank, and is designed to engage and empower Houstonians seeking to start a business using the robust resources of the City of Houston. The path to launching your business starts with Liftoff Houston!