September 8, 2020
REGISTER FOR “MONTH OF SERVICE” COMMUNITY CLASSES!
Virtual Classes Explore Legal Issues in the Pandemic
The Department of Neighborhoods and community partners continue to serve Houstonians while adhering to social distancing by offering our popular “Month of Service” classes online.
The classes cover legal issues surrounding a wide range of topics explored in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. The topics include estate planning, taxes, employment, evictions and child custody and divorce.
“Month of Service” partners and presenters include NRCDC Houston, Harris County Appraisal District, Harris County Tax Assessor-Collector’s Office, Houston Volunteer Lawyers, TSU Earl Carl Institute and Lone Star Legal Aid.
September classes are as follows:
- Evictions During COVID-19 – Know Your Rights, September 10, 4-6 p.m.
- How to Handle Inherited Property and Clearing Title, September 15, 1-3 pm.
- Working During COVID-19 - Know your Rights, September 17, 1-3 p.m.
- Create Your Own Estate Plan in a Time of COVID-19, September 22, 1-3 p.m.
- Child Custody and Divorce During COVID-19, September 24, 1-3 p.m.
To register, go to www.nrcdc.org. If you don’t have access to the internet, call NRCDC at 346-339-1088 to register. You will be able to listen to the presentations by phone.