September 24, 2014
National Prescription Take-Back Day Partnership
with U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration
To help the public properly dispose of unused or expired medication, the Drug Enforcement Administration is partnering with the Mayor's Office and the Houston Police Department (HPD) to host the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. All tablets, capsules and solid dosage forms will be collected (intravenous solutions, injectables and syringes will not be accepted).
This event will be held at several locations nationwide on Saturday, September 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. To find the location nearest to you, go to https://www.dea.gov and click on the "got drugs" link. This service is free, anonymous and open to all.
Citizens can drop off prescription drugs to HPD personnel at the following nine locations:
1) Kingwood (Metro Park and Ride) - 3210 W. Lake Houston Parkway - Kingwood 77339
2) Northeast Police Station - 8301 Ley Rd. - Houston 77028
3) South Central Police Station - 2202 St. Emanuel - Houston 77003
4) Westside Police Station - 3203 S Dairy Ashford Rd - Houston 77082
5) Southeast Police Station - 8300 Mykawa Rd. - Houston 77048
6) Clear Lake Police Station - 2855 Bay Area Blvd. - Houston 77058
7) South Gessner Police Station - 8605 Westplace Dr. - Houston 77071
8) North Police Station - 9455 W. Montgomery - Houston 77088
For more information, please go to https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/index.html.