September 24, 2015
Safely Dispose Unused Drugs, Medicine in Take-Back Day
To help the public properly dispose of unused or expired medication, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is partnering with the Mayor's Office and the Houston Police Department (HPD) to host the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. Any kind of tablets, capsules or solid dosage forms of prescriptions will be accepted. Intravenous solutions, injectables and syringes will not be accepted.
This event will be held at several locations nationwide on Saturday, September 26, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Citizens can drop off prescription drugs to HPD personnel at the following eight locations:
1) Kingwood (Metro Park and Ride) - 3210 W. Lake Houston Parkway - Kingwood 77339
2) Northeast Police Station - 8301 Ley Rd. - Houston 77028
3) South Central Police Station - 2202 St. Emanuel - Houston 77003
4) Westside Police Station - 3203 S Dairy Ashford Rd - Houston 77082
5) Southeast Police Station - 8300 Mykawa Rd. - Houston 77048
6) Clear Lake Police Station - 2855 Bay Area Blvd. - Houston 77058
7) South Gessner Police Station - 8605 Westplace Dr. - Houston 77071
8) North Police Station - 9455 W. Montgomery Rd.- Houston 77088
For more information, please go to http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/index.html.