- Number: 0011
- Artist: Ginnever, Charles (1931 - )
- Title: Pueblo Bonito
- Date: 1974 - 1977
- Type: Sculpture
- Medium: Cor-Ten Steel
- Dimensions: 15' x 30' x 20'
- Foundry/Fabricator: Mosher Steel (Houston)
- Location/Environment: Knox Triangle, Waugh @ Feagan, Outdoors
- Provenance: Donated to the City of Houston by the Knox Foundation
This piece is from a series of large-scale three-dimensional sculpture that explored the use of “new” construction materials to express strength, expression and design. Charles Ginnever is best classified as an Abstract Expressionist. The piece was donated by the Robert W. & Pearl Knox Foundation in 1977. The location of the piece is in the Knox Triangle (Waugh @ Feagan).
Pueblo Bonito is a large, abstracted geometric welded steel sculpture (5/8 inch thick) that is composed of Cor-Ten sheet steel. The surfaces are smooth and have been left untreated, in order to allow weathering.
The sculpture consists of six “legs” which meet at the top. As the sculpture curves, the legs fan apart and are separated at the bottom.
The date and artist's name (1974-77 C. Ginnever) are inscribed on the outer leg, near the bottom.
Click each photo below for full-sized versions
ZIP Code Links
West of Downtown Links