Residents, community partners, and City of Houston’s department leaders discuss topics of interest during a workshop in Near Northside.
The Kick-Off celebrated Mayor Sylvester Turner’s Complete Communities initiative in Near Northside. The organizations that have created community plans within the last 5 years presented those plans, highlighted vision and goals, and discussed several of the highest priorities. Residents, non-profits, businesses, religious institutions, educators and others provided input on who would be the best partners to facilitate projects. The City recognizes that they may not be the only entity to make project ideas become reality. It takes the cooperation of other government agencies, non-profit groups, funders, foundations, and citizens like you. The next step is to compile all comments and begin drafting an Action Plan.
The following six existing plans and studies were conducted by community organizations serving Near Northside. They were created in collaboration with all aspects of the community. To see a draft summary of these existing plans, click here.
- Greater Northside Management District – Pedestrian/Transit Access Master Plan
- Northside Livable Centers Study – Houston-Galveston Area
- Quality of Life Agreement – Northside, 2010
- Quality of Life Agreement – Near Northside, 2015
- Heights/Northside Mobility Study – 2015
- TIRZ 21 Hardy/Near Northside Ordinance – 2008
A Complete Community is...
We heard the voices of Acres Home, and this is what they said.
HTV recording of the Near Northside kick-off meeting
All public meetings were recorded by HTV. You can view them from this site and click “Specialty".
Summary of the Results(coming soon)
The next public meeting will be scheduled soon. Visit here often or sign up for email newsletters.
Handouts and Meeting Materials
- Meeting Agenda
- Complete Communities FAQs
- Complete Communities Planning Process
- Near Northside Complete Community Data Snapshot
- Near Northside Complete Community Data Book
- Near Northside Complete Community Summary of Existing Plans
- “What Can We Do Together?” Exercise
Maps, Data and Statistics
Complete Communities Links