Unclaimed Property Forms

If you find your name or are an interested party of someone named on the unclaimed property list, please print out and submit one of the three forms available below to claim your funds.

Before sending in form remember to:

  1. Answer all questions and fill-in all blanks.
  2. Supply photocopies of required documentation .
  3. Sign and date form.

If questions arise while processing your claim, a Controller’s Office employee will contact you by phone or letter.

Did you find your name and don’t know what the money is for?
Many of the names on our list are from checks returned to the city by the post office. Most of these are for returned water and sewer account deposit refunds that were mailed after the account holder moved without noting a forwarding address. Please provide old addresses, which we can use to match claimant name with our records.

Why do we ask for proof of your social Security Number?
We cannot require you send us this number but it might be the only way we can match your name to a water and sewer account. To the extent provided by law, the Social Security number provided is confidential.

Are you unable to see the claim forms?
To view the listed claim forms you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have this free program click here: Download Adobe Acrobat to obtain it. In addition, printed forms will also be made available on the sixth floor of City Hall, which is located at 901 Bagby Street.

Is there a charge for making or receiving a claim?
There is no charge to make a claim.

What is the maximum fee that can be charged by a search firm?
Texas law limits the fee charged by all search firms or private investigators that assist owners in locating and claiming abandoned property to no more than 10% of the amount recovered.

Unclaimed Property Forms (.pdf's, updated May 31, 2018):

  • Claim Form for Individuals
    • For the original owner of this property.
  • Claim Form for Businesses
    • For an officer or official claiming on behalf of a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, professional association, non-profit organization, government entity, or private organization.
  • Claim Form for Trustee Use
    • For a parent/custodian claiming on behalf of a minor, or the guardian or trustee of the reported owner for the heir or executor/administrator of the deceased owner.