Affordable Housing 2020
January kicks off the State’s annual affordable housing 9% Tax Credit Program, which means housing developers looking to bring workforce apartment developments into eligible neighborhoods may be reaching out to civic organizations and Council Member Cisneros to share information about their plans.
The State's process, which is operated by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA), has an extremely narrow time-frame for these developers to submit their applications, so they are moving fast to get land under contract, design their project, and receive a Letter of Support or No Objection from the City. Developers are not required to meet with Council Member Cisneros, but when they do, her policy is and has always been that to receive her support, they must communicate with the local civic clubs and Super Neighborhoods.
The TDHCA operates another tax credit program, the 4% Tax Credit Program, which is non-competitive and accepts applications all year round. The application process for this program requires a Letter of No Objection from the City as opposed to a Letter of Support. Regardless, any developer that meets with Council Member Cisneros regarding a 4% Tax Credit application will need to communicate with the local civic clubs and Super Neighborhoods to receive her support.
Further information about the tax credit programs is available below. In addition, each application Council Member Cisneros receives pertaining to District H will be posted on this page for your reference. If you have any questions or concerns please give the office a call at 832.393.3003 or send us an email, and we will do our best clarify any confusion regarding these programs.
TDHCA 9% Tax Credit Program:
TDHCA 4% Tax Credit Program:
2020 District H Proposal Notifications Received (.pdf):
- Housing Corporation of Greater Houston - Jackson Hinds Gardens - Notification (9% Tax Credit Program)
- RHF Main St Apartments LP – 2407 N. Main St – Public Notification (9% Tax Credit Program)
- Avenue & Pinpoint Commercia - Avenue Gardens - Notification (9% Tax Credit Program)
- 2820 Fulton Ltd – 2820 Fulton St – Public Notification (9% Tax Credit Program)
- Vista at Harrisburg – Caylor Street & Harrisburg Blvd – Public Notification (9% Tax Credit Program)
- Vista at East End – 3801 Garrow – Public Notification (9% Tax Credit Program)
- Blazer – 5601 Canal – Development Summary (9% Tax Credit Program)
- New Hope Housing Avenue J – Public Notification (4% Tax Credit Program)
- Brinshore Development & Buffalo Bayou Partnership – Lockwood South Apts – Notification (9% Tax Credit Program)
- Casa Nautica Partners LP – 4001 Navigation Blvd – Public Notification (9% Tax Credit Program)