Please follow these four steps to schedule a ceremony at the City of Houston Municipal Courts:
- Please obtain a Marriage License PRIOR to scheduling a ceremony at the City of Houston.
- Once you have obtained a Texas-issued marriage license, complete the online form below to schedule your ceremony. A City of Houston representative will contact you within 48 hours to discuss the details of the ceremony and to confirm your date of marriage.
- On the scheduled date of the ceremony, payment of the $100 fee is required. This can be done at the Public Service Counter located on the 1st floor of the Herbert W. Gee Municipal Courthouse located at 1400 Lubbock Street, Houston, TX 77002.
- After your payment has been made, please proceed to the second floor, Room 214, with your receipt and your Texas-issued marriage license.
Apply for a Wedding Ceremony
The wedding ceremony may be performed as soon as 72 hours after the purchase of the marriage license, but not after 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Wedding ceremonies are offered in both English and Spanish.
- Guests are welcome, but please limit the number of guests to 8.
- Wedding ceremonies are performed Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
- The ceremony could take 20-30 minutes.
Obtain a Marriage License First
Texas law requires a couple to obtain a marriage license in order to have a legally binding marriage ceremony.
You must be 18 years of age to obtain a marriage license without parental consent.
Only licenses issued by the State of Texas will be accepted. To obtain a license, go to one of the following Harris County locations:
- Main Office, 201 Caroline, 3rd Floor of Administration Building
- Baytown, 701 W. Baker Road, Baytown
- Chimney Rock. 6000 Chimney Rock, Houston
- Clay Road. 6715 Clay Road, Houston (281) 859-0685
- Clear Lake, 16603 Buccaneer, Clear Lake (281) 486-7250
- Cypresswood, 6831 Cypresswood Dr., Spring
- Humble, 7900 Will Clayton Parkway, Humble
- N. Shepherd, 7300 North Shepherd, Houston
- Pasadena, 101 S. Richey, Suite D, Pasadena
- South Belt, 10851 Scarsdale, Houston (281) 464-0115