To request an accommodation due to a disability please call 713.247.5464 or email email@example.com.
CITY OF HOUSTON MUNICIPAL COURT POLICY:
It is the policy of this Court to ensure that communications with individuals with disabilities in our programs, services, and activities are as effective as communications with individuals without disabilities, consistent with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), 42 U.S.C. §§ 12131 -12134, and regulations implementing Title II, 28 C.F.R. pt. 35 (and for government entities receiving federal funding, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794, and the implementing regulation, 28 C.F.R. Part 42, Subpart G.
To meet this obligation, the Court will provide, free of charge, appropriate auxiliary aids and services, whenever necessary, to ensure that individuals with disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate in, and benefit from, the Court's programs, services, and activities, 28 C.F.R. §§ 35.130(f) and 35.160(b)(1). This policy applies to all members of the public who seek to participate in the Court's programs, services, and activities, including parties to legal proceedings and their companions, witnesses, jurors, and spectators.
Whenever possible, requests for auxiliary aids and services should be directed to Court’s ADA Coordinator, Lilly Warden, 1400 Lubbock, Room 214, (713) 247-8749, (713) 247-5464, firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests can be made by an individual with a disability who needs the auxiliary aids or services or by someone acting on that individual's behalf.
Requests can be made either in writing or orally. Requests should be made in advance, whenever possible, in order to better enable the Court to address the communication needs of the individual. However, all requests for auxiliary aids and services will be addressed promptly and in accordance with ADA requirements.
OTHER METHODS OF REQUESTING AN ACCOMODATION:
- Dial (800) RELAY-VV or dial 7-1-1 for all Texas area callers to call a TTY or VCO user.
- Also, the COH Municipal Courts Department has a dedicated line that is handled through the City of Houston’s 3-1-1 Help Line that can assist in connecting to Texas Relay. That number is (713) 247-8591.
- Through the City’s 3-1-1 Help Line: Dial 3-1-1 within the City of Houston limits or (713) 837-0311 (outside the City of Houston limits). Information required with the request includes the specific type of accommodation, the defendant’s name, case number, type of court setting, and the date that the accommodation is needed.
- Via e-mail to the Office of the Presiding Judge: email@example.com
Information required with the request includes the specific type of accommodation, the defendant’s name, case number, type of court setting, and the date that the accommodation is needed.
PUBLIC ACCESS VIDEOPHONE (PAV):
The City of Houston Municipal Court location at 1400 Lubbock has a Public Access Videophone (PAV) unit available at the basement level.
MUNICIPAL COURTS Links
- Municipal Courts Home Page
- Administrative Violations
- Attorney / Bondsmen Services
- Bike Safety Course
- Change Court Date
- Court Locations
- Dress Code / Court Rules
- Court Tours
- CSMART / EQuery Access
- Defensive Driving (DSC)
- Deferred Disposition
- Expunge Record
- Fines and Fees
- Jail Information
- Jury Information
- Juvenile Information
- Notary / DPS Record Services
- Online Services
- Parking Citations
- Posting A Bond
- Prohibited Items / Building Security
- Public Information Office
- Scofflaw FAQs
- Suggestion and Comments
- Teen Court
- Ticket Information
- Volunteer Now