Court Rules - Dress Code
Proper attire is required in the courtrooms. The following accessories and items of clothing are not permitted at the City of Houston Municipal Courts:
- Shorts (all types)
- Hats (all types, excluding religious headwear)
- Muscle Shirts and Tank Tops
- Any item of clothing that displays offensive, vulgar, racist, sexist, gang-related, obscene language and/or graphics.
The following rules are strictly enforced:
- Taking pictures or video with your cellular device is strictly prohibited.
- Reading is not permitted in the courtrooms.
- Cell phones must be on silent mode while in the courtroom.