* The City of Houston Municipal Courts Department will now perform weddings for same-sex couples who obtain a Texas-issued marriage license.
Please follow these four steps to schedule a ceremony at the City of Houston Municipal Courts:
- Please obtain a Marriage License PRIOR to scheduling a ceremony at the City of Houston. View Licensing locations.
- Once you have obtained a Texas-issued marriage license, complete the online form below to schedule your ceremony. A City of Houston representative will contact you within 48 hours to discuss the details of the ceremony and to confirm your date of marriage.
- On the scheduled date of the ceremony, payment of the $100 fee is required. Payment must be completed at the Public Service Counter, located on the 1st floor of the Herbert W. Gee Municipal Courthouse at 1400 Lubbock Street, Houston, TX 77002. A limited number of weddings are available on Saturday mornings ONLY for a fee $150.
- After your payment has been made, please proceed to the second floor, Room 214, with your receipt and your Texas-issued marriage license.
Apply for a Wedding Ceremony
The wedding ceremony may be performed as soon as 72 hours after the purchase of the marriage license, but not after 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Wedding ceremonies are offered in both English and Spanish.
- Guests are welcome, but please limit the number of guests to 8.
- Wedding ceremonies are performed Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
- The ceremony could take 20-30 minutes.
* If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the online form below, please dial 713.247.5464 to schedule your wedding by phone (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
If you do not wish to submit your comments online, please use our Customer Comment Form (.pdf).
MUNICIPAL COURTS Links
- Municipal Courts Home Page
- Administrative Violations
- Attorney / Bondsmen Services
- Bike Safety Course
- Change Court Date
- Court Locations
- Dress Code / Court Rules
- Court Tours
- CSMART / EQuery Access
- Defensive Driving (DSC)
- Deferred Disposition
- Expunge Record
- Fines and Fees
- Jail Information
- Jury Information
- Juvenile Information
- Notary / DPS Record Services
- Online Services
- Parking Citations
- Posting A Bond
- Prohibited Items / Building Security
- Public Information Office
- Scofflaw FAQs
- Suggestion and Comments
- Ticket Information
- Volunteer Now