January 25, 2022 City of Houston District G Special Election Information
The City of Houston will conduct a special election on Tuesday, January 25, 2022, at which there will be elected the following officer of the City:
Council Member, District G
Candidate Contact Information (in alphabetical order)
- Mary Nan Huffman | 1 E Greenway Plaza, Suite 225, Houston, TX 77046 | phone: 713-487-9889 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Piper Madland | PO Box 22081, Houston, TX 77227 | phone: 713-469-1785 | email@example.com
Page last updated: Friday, November 19, 2021 8:55 AM
Candidate Filing Period
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot is Wednesday, November 10, 2021.
The last day to file for a place on the ballot is Thursday, December 16, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
The last day to file a declaration as a write-in candidate is Thursday, December 16, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
Applications for a place on the ballot must be filed in the Mayor’s Office, 901 Bagby, 3rd Floor, Houston, Texas, 77002. Applications may also be submitted via e-mail to Mayor@houstontx.gov. Please note that, for applications submitted via e-mail, the filing fee or petition in lieu of a filing fee must still be filed in person. Please also note that the first day of the filing period is set by state law and does not move; the hours of operation for the Mayor’s Office are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The documents below are .pdf
- Cover Letter
- Helpful Information
- Additional Instructions
- Sample Application Form
- Candidate Application Form
- Declaration of Write-In Candidate Form
- Petition in Lieu of Filing Fee -- English & Chinese | English & Spanish | English & Vietnamese
- Minimum Number of Signatures Required on a Petition
- Campaign Contributions Memo
- Chapter 18 Code of Ordinances (Ethics and Financial Disclosure)
- Letter RE: Posting of Political Signs in City ROW's and on City Property
- Candidate Contact Information
- Acknowledgment of Receipt