Complaints of Excessive Force by a Police Officer

Complaints of excessive force by a police officer may be made using the form in the bullet point links area below.  It does not require appearance at headquarters or a substation.  Complaints may be initiated in person to a supervisor at any police substation throughout the City of Houston, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They may also be made in person at the Internal Affairs/Central Intake Office, which is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except during City holidays). The Internal Affairs/Central Intake Office is located at Police Headquarters, 1200 Travis, Suite 2001, Houston, Texas, 77002.  There is also the option of filling out the form, getting it notarized and then mailing it to address above.  Various community organizations, including LULAC and the NAACP have the same form and staff that have been trained to assist with the filing of a complaint. 

Additional information about this process is available below.