Financial Reporting and Operations
Arif Rasheed, Deputy Director
Arif has over 20 years of accounting, external/internal audit, and grants management experience, 18 of which are in governmental accounting. He most recently was Assistant Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting in Wayne County, Michigan. He also was an adjunct professor at Davenport University, Michigan where he taught a variety of accounting and audit courses.
Primary responsibility of the division is city wide monitoring and oversight of accounting, fixed assets, grant regulations, internal controls, and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process. The division is also responsible in ensuring process documentation exist and assessing the need for and update policies and procedures. The division is responsible for coordinating annual audit including the single audit report (SAR), preparing indirect cost allocation plan and fee cost of services.
- Work in partnership with the Controller's Office to coordinate the City's Annual Financial Audit with a target completion of November 30th.
- Develop annual indirect cost allocation plans for recovering all allowable federal grant administrative costs for the General Fund. The date to complete the plans is June 30 annually.
- Establish Accounting Procedures and Standards for Trust and Local Government Corporations (LGCs) to ensure compliance with A.P. 2-10.
- Determine full fee cost of services citywide in an effort to maximize cost recovery.
- Phase I - Ensure all financial management processes have documented controls, up-to-date written procedures, instruction manuals and associated trainings.
Greg Carrington , Deputy Assistant Director
Joe Dumas, Division Manager
Joe Dumas has over 36 years of accounting, audit, and fixed asset experience, 20 of which are in governmental accounting. Mr. Dumas has contributed greatly to the City of Houston with experience in both Public Works and Finance. He was a part of the ERP-SAP implementation team representing fixed assets and now brings his vast knowledge and experience to the Finance Department. Mr. Dumas is a Certified Public Accountant and actively contributes his expertise on governmental special projects and internal control projects.
|General Accounting / Disaster Recovery|
|Internal Controls / Audit|
Vacant, Deputy Assistant Director
|Property Assessments and Liens|
Gloria Moreno, Deputy Assistant Director
Gloria has over 20 years serving in a variety of public service positions at the federal, state, non-profit and local government sectors crafting her comprehensive experience in the grants arena. Her passion is in serving at the local government level rejoining the City of Houston in 2012, Harris County (Agenda Director and Director of Purchasing and Support Services), City of Houston (Council Liaison and Senior Contract Administrator) and City of New York (Equal Opportunity Officer).
|Trust and Funds Management|