HFD Fire Station No. 18
Houston Fire Station #18
History of Fire Station 18
Station 18 went into service in 1925 at the corner of the 4400 block of Walker in a tent while its new station was being built at 619 Telephone Road and was occupied on July 7, 1926.
In 1976 Station 18 moved into old 24's station after it was closed while their new station was being constructed at their Telephone Rd. location. They moved back into their station on Telephone Rd. in 1980.
This fire station was closed temporarily in July 2001 due to flood damage related from Tropical Storm Allison. It re-opened in May 2002.