HFD Fire Station No. 49
Houston Fire Station #49
History of Fire Station 49
Station 49 assumed the quarters of a Spring Branch Volunteer Fire station in 1956 located at Long Point and Campbell and was relocated in 1961 at Gessner and Westview.
This station was closed down in April 2008 for extensive renovation. The renovation included underground sanitary sewer modifications, all new interior framing, insulation, sheetrock, texture and paint, lay-in ceilings, new plumbing system, new electrical system, new HVAC systems, new appliances, new personnel and fire gear lockers, new millwork with stainless steel kitchen counter top, new porcelain and carpet flooring and new furniture. All equipment, electrical fixtures and controls are selected to meet the Mayor's energy efficiency measures. This project included a small concrete parking lot expansion. New phone and communications systems are installed by HFD personnel. The total cost of this renovation was $ 753,821.40.
The Station re-opened on February 9, 2009 and a re-opening ceremony was held on March 16, 2009.