HFD Fire Station No. 94
Houston Fire Station #94
History of Fire Station 94
The new Fire Station 94 was introduced in the City’s Capital Improvement plan due to the need to provide increased and permanent emergency services to the Pipers Meadow area annexed by the City in 1994. In 1998, Station 94 was moved from Diana Lane and Bay Area Blvd. into a temporary station on the site of the new station and housed only an engine. The temporary station was closed and in January 2005 construction began on the new up-to-date station.
The current 12,279 square foot, three-bay station houses an engine and medic. The building design and construction was funded by the Capital Improvement Plan with a cost of $2,644,438.
A grand opening ceremony was held on June 22, 2006.
Firefighters from Station 94 responded to 1427 incidents in 2011. In 2011, the average response time for Engine 94 was 5 minutes and 53 seconds and for Medic 94 was 7 minutes and 15 seconds.