Since taking office, Mayor Sylvester Turner has put a special emphasis on Government Relations for the City of Houston. From federal funds to speed in flood mitigation, to state level reforms on Houston Sustainable Pension plan, Mayor Turner’s Government Relations team is engaged in a number of legislative fronts.
The GR team helps generate information for both the Mayor, Council Members, and the public with regards to efforts made to partner with different levels of government to solve problems and provide resources for the citizens of Houston. To that end, we hope you will find this website useful in providing supportive materials.
- Letter of Support for HR 2088 — Energy Efficiency Conservation Block Grants (EECBG) — May 14, 2019
- Letter to Governor Abbott Requesting U.S Census Complete Count Committees — April 5, 2019
- Letter to Chairman Larson Regarding Houston’s Investment in Allens Creek Reservoir and Commitment to Move Forward with Construction – April 1, 2019
- Letter to Brazos River Authority Regarding Commitment to Complete Work on Allens Creek Reservoir – March 12, 2019
- Letter to Houston Congressional Delegation - Opposing NASA Budget Cuts – March 11, 2019
- Open Letter by Mayor Turner on Proposition B - March 1, 2019
- Letter to Tax Assessor-Collector Ann Harris Bennett – January 30, 2019
- Letter of Support for HR 8 – Universal Background Check – February 26, 2019
- Letter to Trump Administration on Public Charge – December 4, 2018
- Volkswagen Settlement Information – Nov. 16, 2018
- Letter on Family Separation – June 7, 2018