Since taking office, Mayor Sylvester Turner has put a special emphasis on Government Relations for the City of Houston. From federal funds to speed in flood mitigation, to state level reforms on Houston Sustainable Pension plan, Mayor Turner’s Government Relations team is engaged in a number of legislative fronts.
The GR team helps generate information for both the Mayor, Council Members, and the public with regards to efforts made to partner with different levels of government to solve problems and provide resources for the citizens of Houston. To that end, we hope you will find this website useful in providing supportive materials.
- Mayor Turner Letter of Support for the Great America Outdoors Act – June 8th
- Letter from Dr. Peter Stout and Texas Association of Crime Lab Directors regarding COVID19-related needs - May 19, 2020
- Mayor Turner Letter to TCEQ Supporting Particulate Matter Monitors -- May 14, 2020
- Mayor Turner Letter to Speaker Pelosi & Leader McConnell on 1115 Waiver for Public Health Programs - March 24, 2020
- Mayor Turner & County Judge Hidlago Joint Letter Against Public Charge Proposed Rule – October 7, 2019
- House Researching Organization Analysis of Constitutional Amendments proposed for 2019 -- August 27, 2019
- Letter to Governor Abbott Requesting U.S Census Complete Count Committees -- April 5, 2019
- Open Letter by Mayor Turner on Proposition B - March 1, 2019
- Letter to Tax Assessor-Collector Ann Harris Bennett – January 30, 2019
- Volkswagen Settlement Information – Nov. 16, 2018