The primary functions of the Mayor's Office of Intergovernmental Relations are:
- Advising the Mayor, City Council and City departments on current developments in the Texas Legislature, the United States Congress that might affect the City of Houston.
- Building and maintaining relationships between the City of Houston and elected/appointed state and federal officials.
- Leading the lobbying efforts in the Texas Legislature and the United States Congress on behalf of the City.
- Coordinating with departments to develop legislative proposals that will enhance the ability to meet City of Houston needs.
- Working with the departments on matters before state and federal agencies.
- Promoting regional cooperation issues impacting local governments throughout the Houston/Galveston area.
- Participating in nongovernmental organizations to advance City of Houston issues, policies and funding requests.
Deputy Chief of Staff
901 Bagby, 4th Floor
Houston, TX 77002
Grants are also important sources of funding for nonprofit and community organizations providing vital services to vulnerable populations. If you are a nonprofit or community organization seeking a support or endorsement letter from the Mayor to include in a grant proposal, please review these guidelines for Requesting a Letter of Support (.pdf).
- United States Congress --
- United States Conference of Mayors --
- National League of Cities -- http://www.nlc.org/home
- Texas Legislature Online -- http://www.capitol.state.tx.us
- Texas Municipal League -- http://www.tml.org/home.html
- Houston Area Elected Officials --
- Greater Houston Partnership -- http://www.houston.org
- Houston- Galveston Area Council --