Harris County Area Agency on Aging
The Harris County Area Agency on Aging (AAA) Famiy Caregiver Support Network works to identify resources, assist and promote awareness to caregivers who are taking care of an elderly person. Grandparents and other caregivers age 60 and older raising grandchildren or children with developmental disabilities are also eligible for services provided by the AAA Family Caregiver Support Network. The following services are available to care givers and grandparents:
- Information for caregivers about services available;
- Assistance in gaining access to these services;
- Referral to programs offering counseling, support groups, library of bilingual resources and training to help caregivers make decisions and solve problems relating to their care giving needs;
- Respite care to temporary relive the caregiver from their care giving responsibilities and
- Supplemental services on a limited basis to compliment care provided by caregivers.
Caregivers find AAA Family Caregiver Support Network services to be vital in helping them support the older people they care for or grandchildren they are raising. With the assistance of AAA services the burden is lessen for caregivers and helps them maintain their role in a healthy manner.
|FAMILY CAREGIVER SUPPORT NETWORK|
|What is a Caregiver?||Calendar of Events|
|Services Available||Caregiver Updates|
|Caregiver Resources||Caregiver Newsletters|
For more information, call the Harris County Area Agency on Aging at 832-393-4301. If outside Harris County, call toll free 1-800-213-8471. The HCAAA's main office is located at 8000 North Stadium Drive, 3rd floor, Houston, TX 77054. Our email address is email@example.com.
Contact the Agency on AgingHouston Health Department (HHD)
8000 N Stadium Drive 3rd floor
Houston TX 77054 Phone: 832.393.4301
Email the Agency on Aging