Houston Health Department
- Administration on Aging
- Adult Day Care
- Advocacy, Action, Answers on Aging
- Arthritis Foundation - information about contacting Congress in Support of the Access to Innovation for Medicare Patients Act
- BenefitsCheckUp - Billions of government dollars go unspent each year because seniors and their caregivers either don’t know where to look for help or they have no idea they are eligible for those programs. But a new web site, www.BenefitsCheckUp.org, offers a quick way to find out what kinds of benefits are available, where to go to apply and what documents are necessary to make application.
- BenefitsCheckUpRx - The BenefitsCheckUpRx service will provide you with a confidential, personalized report of public and private programs that can help you save money on some or all of your prescription drugs. Click below to give us some basic information and we will check your potential eligibility for over 260 programs, including more than 1,450 prescription drugs.
- Better Business Bureau
- Caregivers Guide
- Center for Research on Minority Health
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- DADS Texas Department of Aginga and Disability Services http://www.dads.state.tx.us/care/index.html
- Elder Care Locator
- Elder Options of Texas - Your Source for Senior Housing and Elder Care Information
- Harris County Precinct 3 - Senior Education Program
- Legal Hotline
- Links to other AAAs in the United States
- Medicarerights.org (Medicare Rights Center)
- Mental Health Services Locator - This locator provides comprehensive information about mental health services and resources and is useful for professionals, consumers and their families and the public.
- Multifamily Inventory of Units for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- National Council on the Aging - Founded in 1950, NCOA is the nation's first association of organizations and professionals dedicated to promoting the dignity, self-determination, well being, and contributions of older persons.
- National Institute on Aging
- Older Americans Act
- Senior Alerts - The Attorney General's Web site, www.oag.state.tx.us has a Senior Alert interactive page where citizens can report scams that have happened to them or to others. This will enable the Attorney General's office, in turn, to issue Senior Alerts informing other senior Texans of such scams. It will also allow the Attorney General's Office to take swifter action against the perpetrators of scams.For additional information on aging services outside Harris County, click here for the Eldercare Locator.For more information, click on one of the boxes below or call the Harris County Area Agency on Aging at 832-393-4301. If outside Harris County, call toll free at 1-800-213-8471. To send e-mail to the Harris County Area Agency on Aging, click here.
- Senior Entertainment Services
- Single Internet gateway to all U.S. government
web sites in Spanish
- Social Security Administration
- Texas Area Agencies on Aging
- Texas Cares web site - this site offers an overview of long-term care options, not just those programs that DHS offers. It includes information on Medicare, long-term care insurance, and other supportive services.
- Texas State Unit on Aging Texas Cares - your information source about prescription drug programs
- Texas Department on Aging and Disability Services
- Texas Department of Health
- Texas Department of Human Services
- Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- Texas Law Help
- Texas Silver-Haired Legislature
- United States Senate, Elder Justice Act, Senate Special Committee on Aging, Elder Justice Center
- University of Texas Center on Aging
- Veterans Administration
- Your Texas Benefits
For more information, call the Harris County Area Agency on Aging at 832-393-4301. If outside Harris County, call toll free 1-800-213-8471. The HCAAA's main office is located at 8000 North Stadium Drive, 3rd floor, Houston, TX 77054. Click here for a map. Our email address is email@example.com.
Contact the Agency on AgingHouston Health Department (HHD)
8000 N Stadium Drive 3rd floor
Houston TX 77054 Phone: 832.393.4301
Email the Agency on Aging