Houston Health Department (HHD)
8000 North Stadium Drive, Houston TX 77054
Email the Health Department
Houston Health Department
Birth and Death Certificates
threeColMiddle50Attention: Due to developments within Vital Statistics Department of State Health, the City of Houston, Bureau of Vital Statistics has temporarily suspended on-line orders. **Customers that have already placed their orders on-line will be processed.
Beginning Monday, February 15, 2016:
- Hours of operation for the City of Houston, Bureau of Vital Statistics lobby area will be temporarily changed to 8:00am – 3:00pm Monday-Thursday
- Fridays Closed
- Funeral Directors contact (713) 837-0311for further instructions
- All Remote Sites will be temporarily closed
- These changes will remain in effect until further notice.
Customers applying in person have been restricted to only (1) one full size birth/death certificate per application.
Customers that are requesting Certified Birth Fact (Abstract Certificate) will not be impacted by the restricted orders.
Customers that need more than one full size certificate may order additional records through the State office:
- Mail-in orders: The Texas Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 12040, Austin, Texas
- On-line orders: www.Texasonline.gov “Due to changes being made to Vital Record (Birth/Death Certificate) security paper, supplies are currently limited. Beginning February 10, 2016, all requests are limited to one certified copy per application.”
|BUREAU OF VITAL STATISTICS|
(Birth and Death Certificates)
8000 North Stadium Drive
Houston, TX 77054