Health and Human Services
Garden Program Series
HDHHS offers a five-week evidence-based gardening program to Houston area residents. The garden program series offers:
- Promoting awareness - discusses controllable versus uncontrollable risk factors associated with chronic diseases and lifestyle changes as well as health disparities
- Gardening 101 - introduces the basics of gardening, such as garden designing, pest control, seasonal planting and maintenance.
- Windowsill gardening/grow organic - learn more about which fruits and vegetables can be grown inside, how to select organically grown foods on a tight budget and benefits of buying locally grown produce.
- Let's Eat - cooking demonstration that encompasses healthy ingredients and cooking techniques that can be integrated daily.
- Demonstration build - learn how to construct raised beds.
For more information about the Community Garden Program, e-mail us or call 832.393.4795.