Houston Health Department (HHD)
8000 North Stadium Drive, Houston TX 77054
Email the Health Department
Houston Health Department
Do Your Part
BPCP-Do Your Part For a Cleaner Environment
- Shop for products that create less air pollution like fuel-efficient automobiles, energy-saving household appliances and low volatile organic compound (VOC) paints.
- Change your daily actions to reduce air pollution by refueling your automobile and mowing your lawn when air pollution levels are low.
- Contact local, state and federal elected officials and tell them you support pollution control laws.
- Wash your car at a car wash, not in the driveway. This keeps harmful soaps and detergents out of local bayous.
- Fertilize as minimally as possible, and not right before heavy rain. Excess fertilizer runoff into the bayou causes heavy algae growth and deprives fish and other aquatic organisms of oxygen and nutrients.
- Put cooking grease in the trash, not down the drain. Cooking grease accumulates and hardens in pipes, causing them to clog or even rupture leading to an overflow of sewage.
- Water your yard in the early evening or at night to avoid water evaporation from the sun’s heat.
- Use reusable containers and water bottles. Most trash found in our local bayous is either plastic bottles or Styrofoam containers.
- Green Houston recycling
- Green Houston what you can do
- Computer Recycling Programs (TCEQ)
- You can help keep the air cleaner - every day! (U.S. EPA AIRNow)
© . All rights reserved. City of Houston