Houston Health Department (HHD)
8000 North Stadium Drive, Houston TX 77054
Email the Health Department
Houston Health Department
City of Houston
- City of Houston air pollution source registration program - the municipal code provides for a viable means of locating and monitoring by compliance inspections sources of air contamination. It is unlawful for any person to operate or cause to be operated any facility unless there is a registration for the facility.
- City of Houston air pollution source registration program FAQs
- City of Houston concrete crushing sites - all sites where crushing operations are performed are required to obtain a permit. Existing concrete crushing operations, expansions of existing operations and new operations are required to follow the permit application procedures.
- Clean Water Clear Choice (City of Houston, Harris County, Harris County Flood Control District, and Texas Department of Transportation) - National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit Program.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Air Permits and Registrations (TCEQ) - requirements for New Source Review and Title V permits, permitting requirements for grandfathered facilities, and pending and current permits.
- Air quality authorizations PDF file (TCEQ) - any person who plans to construct a new facility or engage in the modification of an existing facility which emits air contaminants into the atmosphere shall obtain authorization from the TCEQ.
- Database of pending and active permit and emissions banking projects (TCEQ) - permit applications for air quality permits.
- Document server for permits and emissions banking documents (TCEQ) - TCEQ’s air permits division document management system, where permittees can verify the details of their air permits.
- Hazardous waste (TCEQ) - how to classify hazardous and industrial waste.
- Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) (TCEQ)-What is a MS4?
- Municipal solid waste topics (TCEQ) - registrations, permits and requirements for municipal solid waste management operations.
- Rules and rulemaking (TCEQ) - current TCEQ rules.
- Stormwater permits (TCEQ) - requirements related to water quality in runoff from construction sites, industrial facilities, and developed areas. Includes how to check the status of your permit.
United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA)
- 40 CFR: protection of the environment (U.S. EPA) - Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), which deals with U.S. EPA’s mission of protecting human health and the environment.
- Clean Air Act (CAA) (U.S. EPA) - law that defines U.S. EPA's responsibilities for protecting and improving the nation's air quality and the stratospheric ozone layer. The last major change in the law, the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990, was enacted by Congress in 1990. Legislation passed since then has made several minor changes.
- Hazardous waste (U.S. EPA) - hazardous waste and the regulations that govern it.
- Stormwater discharges from Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s) (U.S. EPA) - stormwater discharges from MS4s.
© . All rights reserved. City of Houston