Houston Health Department (HHD)
8000 North Stadium Drive, Houston TX 77054
Email the Health Department
Houston Health Department
BPCP-Pollution Information and Health Effects
- Air pollution in Texas (TCEQ) - general information on air pollution issues in Texas.
- Air emission event report database (TCEQ) - reports sent to the TCEQ about air emission events under 30 TAC 101.201.
- Air pollutant watch list: regulating chemicals in specific areas (TCEQ) - list of areas in Texas with elevated concentrations of specific air pollutants.
- Air pollution videos (U.S. EPA AIRNow) - educational video broadcasts about air pollution.
- Air compare (U.S. EPA AIRNow) - are you breathing clean air? how does your city compare?
- Assessing outdoor air near schools (U.S. EPA) - monitoring of outdoor air near schools for toxic air pollutants.
- Effects Screening Levels (ESLs) (TCEQ) - ESLs used by the TCEQ for air permitting.
- EnviroFacts (U.S. EPA) - search several U.S. EPA databases for information about environmental activities that may affect air, water and land.
- Health effects notebook for hazardous air pollutants (U.S. EPA) - effects on human health of substances that are defined as hazardous by the 1990 amendments of the Clean Air Act (CAA).
- Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) (U.S. EPA) - human health assessment program that evaluates quantitative and qualitative risk information on effects that may result from exposure to environmental contaminants.
- National Air Toxics Assessments (NATA) (U.S. EPA) - U.S. EPA’s ongoing comprehensive evaluation of air toxics in the U.S.
- Seafood and aquatic life group (Texas Department of State Health Services) - current information about possible contamination of fish and shellfish.
- Texas Clean Rivers Program (TCEQ) - partnership program to maintain and improve the quality of surface water resources within each river basin in Texas.
- Toxicological evaluations of ambient air monitoring data (TCEQ) - evaluations of air quality data collected across the state for potential health effects and odors.
- Where you live (U.S. EPA) - search U.S. EPA databases to learn more about environmental conditions in your community.