Houston Health Department
In response to identified violations, BPCP uses the following enforcement tools:
- A Notice of Violation is a warning issued to let the polluter know they violated a regulation, and to provide an opportunity to correct the problem. Failure to correct the violation may result in a municipal court citation.
- A Municipal Court Citation is issued for more serious or repeat violations and may result in fines.
- An Environmental Compliance Agreement is pursued when serious violations have not been resolved with notices of violations and municipal court citations. An environmental compliance agreement lists corrective actions to solve the problem and help to improve the environment, and may include penalties.
BPCP works collaboratively with Houston Police Department, Harris County Pollution Control and other environmental agencies to resolve environmental violations.
Pollution Control & Prevention
- HHD Home
- Birth and Death Certificates
- Community Gardens
- Consumer Health
- Diabetes Awareness and Wellness Network (DAWN)
- Environmental Health
- For Medical Providers
- Harris County Area Agency on Aging
- Health Centers
- Helpful Phone Numbers
- Multi-Service Centers
- Online Payments
- Pollen and Mold Spore Reports
- Public Health Preparedness
- School Outreach Programs
- Special Reports
- Women Infants and Children (WIC)
- Additional services
8000 North Stadium Drive, Houston TX 77054
Email the Health Department