The bureau administers action in accordance with the City of Houston Code of Ordinances
- Chapter 10. Buildings and neighborhood protection, Article XI. Neighborhood nuisances, Sec. 10-451. Nuisances, generally.
- Chapter 21. Health, Article VI. Air pollution, Division 1. Generally, Sec. 21-146. Air pollution abatement program.
- Chapter 47. Water and sewers, Article XII. Storm water discharges, Division 5. Illicit discharges and connections, Sec. 47-741. Discharge to MS4 prohibited.
- Chapter 10. Building Standards, Article IX. Division 4. – Minimum Standards.
- Chapter 21. Health, Article X. Sec. 21-302 – Idling Prohibited.
- Chapter 21. Health, Article IX. Smoking, Sec. 21-246. Prohibits or regulates tobacco smoke in public areas and places of employment and
- For more information about the City of Houston Smoking Ordinance please go to http://www.houstontx.gov/health/Environmental/smokingpage.html