Houston Health Department
Epidemiology and disease Reporting
- Flu Report — Week 6 — Feb. 7 – 13, 2021
- Flu Report — Week 5 — Jan. 31 – Feb. 6, 2021
- Flu Report — Week 4 — Jan. 24 – 30, 2021
- Flu Report — Week 3 — Jan. 17 – 23, 2021
The flu is a contagious disease that causes symptoms such as fever, headache, fatigue, cough, nasal congestion, sore throat, and body aches. Flu outbreaks can occur as early as October and last as late as May. The best way to prevent the flu is to get vaccinated every year, but good health habits like covering your cough and washing your hands help stop the spread of germs and prevent respiratory illnesses like the flu.
Get a flu shot at one of our
We offer flu shots to uninsured and underinsured people on a sliding fee scale.
Steps you can take to protect yourself and others from flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If possible, stay home school, work, and errands when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often to protect yourself from germs.