and Human Services
From the project's inception in 2005, both providers and patients participation rates have increased awareness in the Houston community.
- Team members give presentations at the 2013 Texas Public Health Association Annual Education Conference held on March 20-22, in San Antonio, Texas.
- HMMP receives recognition from CDC for surpassing first benchmarks for the 2012 data collection cycle.
- HMMP hosts Community Advisory Board meeting at the Houston Department of Health and Human Services.
- Team members attend the 18th Texas HIV/STD Conference held on October 28-31, 2012, in Austin, Texas.
- Outreach event at National Latino AIDS Awareness Day in Houston, Texas
- Outreach event at the University of Houston Downtown Health Fair
- Fayaz Momin joins the team as the Research Epidemiologist.
- Xin Wang of the University of Houston joins the group as a volunteer.
Newsletters: The Community Monitor
The Community Monitor is a publication of the Houston Medical Monitoring Project dedicated to keeping stakeholders in the community up-to-date on local news and resources.
To subscribe, email the editor
For more information about HMMP and participation in the project, please contact the Bureau of Epidemiology at 832.393.5080, or contact HMMP by e-mail.